Whole30 cauliflower burgers
Looks can be deceiving
I’ve got to say that these cauliflower burgers taste a whole lot better than they look. I love cauliflower. I think it is by far one of the most versatile vegetables out there. Not only that but it is pretty healthy too. Filled with – good for you – fibers, vitamine C and B and a lot of other healthy nutrients. On top of that it is part of the cabbage family along with broccoli and romanesco and is particularly good for your liver.
And in these time when lots of different things (pollution, too much sugar, alcohol.. to name just a few) put a strain on your liver that is a really good thing. I’ll soon be writing more about the importance of a healthy liver but for now I’m giving you these delicious veggie burgers.
It is easiest to bake these cauliflower burgers in the oven as they are a little harder to handle than regular burgers. Make sure to make them small, rather than large, so they stay together better.
Whole30 approved cauliflower burgers
- 1 cauliflower coarsely ground
- 250 gr chopped onion
- 1 small bunch of parsley chopped
- 1 small bunch of coriander chopped
- 135 gr almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp arrow root
- 5 cloves or garlic crushed
- 3 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- oil for baking
- 200 gr homemade mayo
- 2 tbsp of water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C. Cover a baking tray with baking paper and rub a bit of oil on it.
- In a foodprocessor combine all ingredients for the burgers except the oil. Pulse until it all comes together. Not too long. Making it too fine will make the burgers hard to handle.
- Divide the mixture in 11 equal size balls and place them on the baking tray. Press them with your hand and cover each patty with a bit of oil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until crispy. Turn them around and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and turn until smooth.
- Serve the cauliflower burgers with the dressing and a green salad on the side
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.