Asian chicken burger with spicy chili mayonaise
Asian chicken burger to die for!
I went to the hairdresser two days ago. I’ve made the decision to grow my hair. Well not very long, but longer than what I have now (which is very short…) Plus I’m getting a bit too grey or my liking. Ugh… But anyway, after a gazillion years of short hair I’m gonna have it longer. Which also means going through those dreaded periods where your hair looks horrible. There’s that…
So I had to color my hair, but now I really don’t like the color. It’s still blond but way darker than it used to be. Sigh… Maybe it takes some time to get used to it.
Does that happen to you? Those “hairy moments” ? Is that a female thing or do men have the same issue from time to time? (I’m sure getting bald is no fun either)
Anyway, enough with the hairdresser. No one is really waiting for those stories here right? Now this burger, I can tell you, is something you ARE waiting for. Even if you haven’t quite tasted it before. I made it from chicken thigh, always the best part of the chicken, asian flavors and topped it with a spicy chili mayo sauce. What’s not to love?
Asian chicken burger with spicy chili mayo
- 300 gram chicken thigh filet chopped into rough pieces
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic choppd
- 1 piece of lemongrass grated (around 1 tsp)
- 1 red chili seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- fresh coriander cilantro
- Slices of cucumber
- If you like it extra spicy jalapenos, sliced
- 1 tbsp of sweet chili sauce
- 3 tbsp mayonaise
- 1 tsp fishsauce
- 2 hamburger buns of your choice
- Place the chicken in the bowl of the foodprocessor and add fish sauce, garlic, lemongrass, red chili, sesame seeds and cilantro and mix it all together. Not too fine but also not too chunky.
- Form into two big hamburger patties and place them in the fridge to get a little firmer
- Roll the burgers through some extra sesame seeds just before baking them in a pan or on the BBQ.
- Make the sauce by mixing the mayo with the chili sauce and the fish sauce and open your buns
- First put a spoonful of sauce on each bun and add lettuce. On the lettuce you place the burger and top this with cucumber, jalapeno and the fresh cilantro. Add another spoonful of sauce to finish it off.
- Cover with the top of the bun and eat straight away!
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.