DudeFood Tuesday: Nachos Dudos
¡Hola, mi amigos, dudos por todo el mundo! This whole weekos it’s frigging coldos over heros and the I always startos talking Españolos.
The sole reason why this HOMBRE speaks Spanish in cold weather is that I feel a little warmer if I do.
You have to admit that life is a little less colorful if snow and hail comes pouring from the sky and frozen streets prevent you from walking in a decent manner.
With the streets frozen over every dude is condemned to change his manly, male walk into a kind of figure skating like Greek footwork sequence (not uncommonly followed by a Polish buttclash).
I don’t like cold weather. But on the other hand a lot of things don’t like warm weather.
Bread, for example, doesn’t like warm weather, because things tend to get toasty when it’s hot.
And the Spanish translation for bread is ‘pan’, which brings us in the DudeFood kitchen again with pans full of sturdy dishes.
Today it’s time to throw some Mexican machoness in our pans and ovens. Delicious Nachos Dudos. A spicy nachos todos dish which is great to share with your amigos, hombre!
And remember: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says: WTF.
Nachos; Spicy Nachos Todos
Delicious spicy tortillachips dish of Nachos todos
- 1 bag tortillachips
- 300 gr (lean) minced beef
- 2 tomatoes finely diced
- 1 can of beans (kidneybeans are best)
- 2 gloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 2 tsp Chilipowder
- 100gr grated cheese
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 red chili finely sliced (deseeded)
- Guacemole (homemade)
- 75 ml Sour cream
- Glaze the sliced onion and garlic in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the minced beef and chilipowder and brown and break it up with a fork or spatula. When the beef is cooked 3/4 of the diced tomato and the beans and let simmer for about 10 minutes over a low heat.
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees Celsius and meanwhile make the guacamole Here you find the recipe for a good homemade guacamole
- Take an heatproof plate and make a royal base of chips. Put a couple of spoons of the beef and beans mix on top of it and on top of that half of the grated cheese. Add some more chips on the cheese and repeat the beef-beans and grated cheese sequence again. Sprinkle some of the finely sliced red chili on top of mount Nachos and then put the plate in the oven. Grill for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melt and gets that smokey color. Pay attention, because it burns fast if left unattended.
- Remove the nacho plate from the over and finish off by sprinkling the spring onion and the last of the diced tomato over the Nachos Dudos. Serve the sour cream and guacamole next to the mountain of goodness for dipping.