It’s weird right but ever since I made the decision to combine Paper Travels and Simone’s Kitchen I am back in the flow. I had a bit of a blog crisis, didn’t really know what to write about or on which blog (duh..) and having only the one blog is a big luxury! I do sometimes have a bit of a panick attack. Than I look at Paper Travels and find it such a shame! But well, I guess I will always be one of those people who endlessly doubt decisions.
No matter what; the newsletter is going to be a bit of an issue. I had thought it would be simple to setup different categories so you could pick and choose which ones you wanted to see, but that is – of course – more complicated than I thought, so I think it’s just going to be the option to get the rss feeds once a week or every day. Or – much easier – you can always subscribe via bloglovin. That is my favorite way. Simply because it means I do not get a hundred mails everyday of people posting new blogs. I’ve got plenty of mails as it is, thank you very much.
I also asked my webdesigner if she could think about creating a different homepage where it would be easier to pick where travel is and where food is. But that is work in progress and might be a while.
When you’re reading this we’re already on day 21 of the whole30! Can’t believe how fast time is flying. While I am writing this we’re not on that day yet, so I can’t predict how I will be feeling than but for now it is going very well. I feel good. Very good. The pain in my back has disappeared. Even though the doctors tell me that is not possible. Which makes me second guess my decision to have the ‘thing’ removed but I still have a good two weeks to make that final decision. We’ll see how it goes. not looking forward of being treated by that ridiculous asshole of a surgeon!
In the meantime food is good, even though breakfast is still a bit of an issue. The recipe I am sharing with you today is a soup of sweet potato. Tom thought it was a tad too sweet but hey, it’s sweet potato, so what do you expect!? That will be sweet.. 😉 I am a big fan of the orange ones. The white ones I find not so tasty and well not so goodlooking either.
You can find all recipes with sweet potatoe here.
Sweet potato soup with chicken
- 300 gram of chicken filet, cut into cubes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into cubes (I used the orange ones)
- 1/2 tsp of ground ginger or two tablespoons of fresh ginger
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- Heat a frying pan and bake your chicken until done and golden. Set aside
- Heat the coconut oil in a big pan and add the sweet potato cubes with the spices. Bake in the coconut for a bit before adding the coconut milk.
- If it is too thick you add a bit of water.
- Let it simmer for about 20 minutes or so or until the sweet potato is cooked and soft.
- Puree with a stick blender. If it is too thick at this point you can add some more water. taste and season with salt and pepper
- Add the chicken and serve immediately.