Yes!!! There is another Donna Hay recipe for the challenge… Pfft.. It’s about time right? And this is a perfect little dish for a lunch or quick snack in between. I’ve gotta tell you that I am not a big avocado fan really. Yes, I love guacamole and the creamy taste of an avocado is so neutral that you can do a lot of stuff to it but an avocado just like that? That tastes like nothing really. On this bruschetta it works wonderful due to the salty taste of the goatcheese and the freshness of the mint and the lime. And roasting that lime is a killer too!
The acidity of the lime almost becomes a bit mellow and sweet when you roast it and a squeeze on top of your sandwich is beautiful. And avocado is fatty but it is very healthy fat.. 😉 And I wasn’t all that sad that Tom doesn’t like goatcheese so I got an extra piece to myself.. 😉
Avocado and goatcheese bruschetta
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1 clove of garlic, halved
- 4 limes, halved
- 100 gr goat's cheese
- 2 avocado's sliced
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup small mint leaves, to serve
- Preheat a chargrill pan over high heat. Brush the bread with olive oil and cook for 1 minute on each side or until lightly charrd. Rub with the garlic and set aside.
- Cook the limes, cut side down, for 1-2 minutes or until lightly charred. Spread the bread with the goat's curd, top with the avocado and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with the mint and serve
Recipe by Donna Hay