Virtual baby shower and Raspberry pistache cakes
Just before we were all going live with our Virtual baby shower we got the news that the baby is already born! A beautiful baby boy with the name of Adam, who wasn’t due until a few days later but as happens with babies, planning is a little tricky! So congratulations for Zita and her husband and all the luck in the world with baby Adam!! Hope mother and baby are doing well…
Don’t you just love the internet and social media? Even though we are miles apart I can still be part of a virtual baby shower that we are hosting today for Zita who blogs on Zizi’s adventures. I met Zita two years ago during Food Blogger Connect 2011 and I loved her friendly face and personality. We’ve been more or less in contact since then. Sometimes a lot, sometimes a little…
nd when I found out that she is due to have a little baby anytime soon and when I was contacted by Karin from Yumandmore if I wanted to be part of a virtual baby shower for Zita… Ofcourse I had to jump in!
Zita herself is vegetarian so the dish I wanted to dedicate to her new baby would have to be vegetarian too. With a dessert that is fairly easy to do plus I thought these little cakes would be perfect for any little party you want to throw! They are easy to make, totally delicious and look cute too… 😉
As we speak Zita has not given birth yet, so I will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed that everything will be going according to plan and that – by the time she can hold her newborn in her arms – these little cakes are there waiting for her!
Also make sure to check out the other participants in this virtual babyshower!
Regula: Nourishing Stout & Oat Drink
Beth: Moghrabieh Salad with Preserved Lemon and Coriander Pesto
Jasmine: Whole Wheat Flour Cocoa Cookies
Artemis: Kasopita – Cheese Pie from Εpirus
Sarka: Kiwi Carpaccio with Pecans and Manuka Honey
Emiko:Ricotta and Dark Chocolate Cake
Sneige: Pomegranate Curd with Seedy Pine Nut Crust
Simone: Pistache Raspberry Cakes
Karin: Fresh Pea Souffle with Goat Cheese
Raspberry pistachio cakes
- 90 gr almond flour
- 45 gr unsalted peeled pistachio
- 125 gr butter melted
- 270 gr icing sugar sieved
- 75 gr flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5 egg whites
- 2 handsfull of raspberies frozen or fresh
- 250 ml whipping cream whipped
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp rose water
- extra pistachio for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Mix almondflour and the pistachio together in a kitchen processor and grind until they are fine. Add butter, sugar, flour, bakingpowder and eggwhites and mix it all into a smooth batter.
- Divide across a muffintin (well greased!!) with non stick coating. Put the raspberries on top of the batter and bake for about 20 minutes in the oven or until done.
- Mix the cream with the icing sugar and rosewater and serve the cakes with the cream and some chopped pistachio on top
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.