Fresh fig salad with goat cheese and raspberry dressing
Delicious and so easy to make is this fig salad with goat cheese and a super special raspberry dressing.
Fig salad with goat cheese
Initially I saw a salad that was featuring rhubarb but the rhubarb season had long gone so I figured I could use raspberries instead. I also had some goat cheese that needed to be used so the recipe came together really quickly. I had not made a fig salad with goat cheese before and I thought the raspberry dressing really lifted it from ordinary to something really special.
For the salad leaves I used butter lettuce. It is maybe an old fashioned kind of lettuce but it is still so delicious and way better then ice berg lettuce. Which I hate. I have probably used that in a recipe or two, but never in a more recent recipe. Of course you can substitute the lettuce for any kind you like.
The bright red component of this fig salad with goat cheese is the raspberry dressing. I thought it was so good I would have loved to make it in batched but I do fear it won’t keep very well. So probably best to only make what you need.
It’s super simple to create; you just place all the ingredients together in a bowl and use a stick blender to blend them into a smooth dressing. Missing accomplished.
Fresh fig salad with goatcheese
- 100 gr butter lettuce or other lettuce to your taste
- 2-3 fresh figs cut into pieces
- 50 gr raspberries
- 2 tbsp pistachio chopped and roasted
- 1 tbsp gardencress
- 75 gr old goat cheese use as much or as little as you like
- 50 gr raspberries
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sweet white vinegar
- pinch salt
- Put the ingredients for the dressing together in a stick blender and puree. Taste it and adjust your seasoning where needed. It is a slightly sweet dressing with a sour note to it.
- Put all your ingredients for the salad on a plate and drizzle the dressing over the top.
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.