Dudefood Tuesday: Chickenburger Cajun style with pineapple
Maybe it’s me, but I’m not that fond of this time of year. The thing that bothers me most is the indecisiveness of the weather. Rain, cold and sunshine are competing with each other and turn every day in a kind of ‘predict your own weather’ lottery. I am dude, so I don’t like that. Dudes need just one thing: clarity. So give me heat or cold, pleazzze.
To drag me through these months I listen to Swamprock.
Somehow this sweaty, swampy music gives me some kind of clarity.
And to think that swamprock guys like John Fogerty or Tony Joe White keep beating their instruments in the most humid and hot climates, makes them magnificent dude legends in their own right.
The downside with swamps and humid climates are the mosquitos. And I DO HATE mosquitos, them tiny bloodsucking itch generators!
The world would be far better off if mosquitos sucked fat in stead of blood.
Anyway, I want to go for a snack, a cajun snack. Something that gives me an even bigger lazy Lousiana feeling than I already have from the electric guitar versus banjo music.
Something that makes me so lazy that I only want to make love when I have the hiccups. Yeah…
Sorry, too much information, perhaps?
Let me shut my mouth by making a chickenburger cajun style with some songs of Creedence Clearwater Revival in the background.
Cajunburger with chicken and pineapple
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 pineapple rings the canned ones in syrup
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 50 g cheddar grated
- 4 burger buns
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- some olive oil
- Heat the grill to medium-high and line a baking tray with foil. Place the chicken between 2 sheets of cling film and bash to an even thickness using a rolling pin. Rub the Cajun spice mix and the oil all over the chicken, then put them on the baking tray. Grill for 10 mins, After five minutes turn the chicken and grill for another five minutes.
- Top each chicken breast with a pineapple ring and some grated cheese, then return to the grill and cook for a further 2-3 mins until the cheese is golden and bubbling, and the chicken is cooked through. Meanwhile split the buns and roast them lightly.
- Put a dollup of soured cream on the base of each bun, then drape some lettuce, one chicken breast some onion rings and a drizzle of ketchup. Complete the burger by adding the top of the bun and enjoy
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.