Asparagus with grilled halloumi
I can’t believe what is happening with the weather at the moment. The temperatures are rising to summer levels and beyond. It’s been 26C almost the entire week, which is weird if you think that it is only April! Now I am not complaining but I am totally in summer mood and I know this will most likely not last long enough to give us a summer that is this good.
I think we had a similar warm spring last year or the year before and the end result was that we had rain for the biggest part of the summer. I even heard on the news that apparently we are currently the warmest country in Europe! Now how weird is that??
But let me not forget to wish you all a wonderful Easter!! I don’t think there have been many Easters in the last centuries where we could actually have a barbecue or lounge on the beach! Haha… I am sure that will be source for talk in the years to come too.
But now on to the dish I am sharing with you today; a beautiful little salad with asparagus and grilled haloumi. It’s brilliant in flavor and the mustard dressing fits perfectly. It’s asparagus season and if you love asparagus this is the dish for you. It’s quick and the saltiness of the halloumi works well with the asparagus. It would be great as a small starter or it works well as a lunch on a hot summer (or spring) day as I did this week. Enjoy!
Grilled asparagus with grilled halloumi
- 200 gr green asparagus
- 100 gr haloumi cheese
- 1 tbsp course mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil
- While you heat your grillpan, make the dressing
- Put the lemon juice, mustard, honey, sesame oil and oliveoil together in a small bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Chop the chives into small pieces, but only add them to the dressing at the last minute.
- Clean your asparagus by breaking the last wooden part of the stalks.
- Brush each stalk with some oliveoil and put them on the grill for about 3-4 minutes. They should still have a good bite to them.
- Cut your haloumi into slices, brush them also with oliveoil and grill for 1-2 minutes each side.
- For plating put 3-5 stalks of asparagus per plate, drape the grilled haloumi over it and carefully add 1 tbsp of the dressing over the dish.
- Serve the remaining dressing on the side
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.