Stuffed bell peppers with eastern twist
You know how you can sometimes search for a recipe, only to find out it is not even on the site yet? That was the case with this delicious recipe for stuffed bell peppers. I used Enjoya peppers which are gorgeous all on their own and a little sweeter maybe than your average pepper but both will work equally well.
These babies are even whole30 approved so will work in any glutenfree, paleo or whole30 diet. Quite frankly: no reason to not eat them whatsoever… 🙂
Stuff bell pepper with eastern twist
Yield: 4 people
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 large bell peppers. Preferably a bit round and with a flat bottom so they are easier to stand up. If they don’t have that, carefully cut a small slice from the bottom so you can put them up.
- 500 gram ground meat
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 tsp ras el hanout spice mix
- 75 gram chestnut mushrooms
- 300 gram cut silverbeet chard
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Cut the top of the peppers, remove the seeds from the peppers.
- Place in an ovendish or on an oventray. Once the oven is warmed prebake them for about 10 minuten
- In the meantime cut the onion and the garlic. Put a little oil in the pan and bake the onion and garlic softly, add the meat and bake until cooked and brown. Add the herbs, mushrooms and chard.
- Bake all until cooked. Don’t overcook it, as that will make both mushrooms and chard rather wet.
- Fill the ready peppers with the mixture and make sure you don’t add the fluids. Put back in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the peppers are wrinkly on the outside and the top of the meat is a bit browned.