jamie Oliver limoncello trifle and another party
Happy birthday to Tom! Yes… today is Tom’s birthday so I thought it would be fitting to share a delicious treat with you. I’ve actually made this trifle before and as it turns out that is already more then two years ago.. Time sure flies! I really did love the flavor of the trifle but what I didn’t like so much at the time was the soggy bottom.
Have you ever tried one of those ready made tiramisu- things you can buy in the supermarket? Well, if you have you might know that they are seriously not the best but the worst part is that horribly wet bottom. And the first time I made this trifle it has a bit of a soggy bottom too. Still a zillion times better than storebought but I just don’t like it. Maybe there are people out there that do, in which case follow the original! I wanted to do it slightly different this time, so instead of putting the juice and limoncello straight into the bottom of the dish I only used it to dip the lady fingers in. Much much better!
This is a fairly quick dessert and will be perfect for a party of any kind. Christmas, birthday or otherwise. It will be a hit no matter what the occasion. Enjoy!
Jamie Oliver Limoncello trifle
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 3 tbsp of limoncello
- 1 package of lady fingers
- 300 gr mascarpone
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 vanillapod
- 150 gr raspberries
- dark chocolate for grating
- Put the juice of the two oranges together with the limoncello into a flat bowl and taste. If it has too strong an alcohol taste you can adjust it with adding more juice. Dip each of the ladyfingers into the mixture and lay them into a serving dish with a flat bottom. Continue until you have a layer of ladyfingers.
- In a separate bowl mix the mascarpone with the icing sugar, lemon juice, vanillaseeds, zest and about 1-2 tbsp of the dipping mixture you used. Stir until everything is combined well.
- Spread the mixture over the lady fingers, smoothing it as much as possible. Put all the raspberries on top of the mixture and finish with a generous grating of the chocolate. Keep chilled until ready to use!