The scariest halloween mummy tortilla’s and fun to make!
Quick Halloween snacks
Ah Halloween! It’s funny that Halloween has become more of thing here in the Netherlands over the recent years. It hasn’t been all that long ago that no one really knew what Halloween was all about and even though it will probably never be as big of a thing as it is in the US, I still think it is funny. We try to create a couple of Halloween proof recipes every year although it doesn’t always work out. This particular kid proof recipe is easy to make and fun to do with the kids too.
You can vary with the flavours or spice them up if you have only adults at the party. Whatever the case they are delicious and simple!
Halloween mummy tortilla's
- 12 mini tortilla's
- 300 gram ground meat
- 2 tsp spice mix of your choice
- 1 onion sliced
- 100 gr grated cheese
- jar olives
- small can of corn
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C
- Grab a large frying pan and heat a bit of oil. Bake the onion until translucent. Add the meat and the spices and bake until the meat is cooked through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside while you cover a baking tray with baking paper. Place 6 mini tortilla's on it. Cut the other 6 into strips. Place them to the side.
- Spread some ketchup on the whole tortilla's. Divide the ground meat with the onion over this. Liberally sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Now place the cut strip of the tortilla over the cheese and make sure you leave some space for eyes and teeth. The teeth are made with the corn and the eyes are olive slices with a bit of ketchup. You add the teeth and eyes after baking.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.