Sweet potato rice with meat balls
And then the world changed…
Sweet potato rice
O wow… where shall I start… there is so much that has happened in the period that you didn’t hear anything from me. I’m still here but yes, lots of things have happened in my life. Both personal and well obviously less personal, with the whole corona crisis being dumped on us.
Little did we know back in January when I first heard the word corona that it had anything more to do with a beer. A beer might I add that is now almost bankrupt. Apparently there must have been people associating the beer with the virus. I don’t know… It’s been crazy times also on the relation front but I’ll share more on that later.
For now I am planning to hop around here more often, as I’ve missed the more international character of this site. There have been many reasons for that but I’ll not bore you with that right now.
We can all use some comfort food that is also still a healthy meal. I know for a fact that I’ve found it hard to eat properly while being at home all the time. It’s easy to grab a bite that is not so healthy and also because we are sort of feeling sorry for ourselves. But no more! With dishes like this you can’t really go wrong so enjoy and stay safe!
Another one of my favorites featuring sweet potato is this delicious sweet potato bowl which you can also easily eat for breakfast.
of course even though I call this dish sweet potato rice, it doesn’t really look like rice at all. And the taste is also quite different but it’s more about the size than anything else. And hey, what’s in a name anyway right? 😉
Sweet potato rice with meatballs
- 200 gr green asparagus in pieces of about 2 cm
- 1 sweet potato
- 300 gr minced meat
- pepper and salt
- herbs of your taste
- garden cress to serve
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts roasted
Wasabi mayonaise dressing
- 3 tbsp mayonaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp wasabi paste
- Clean and peel the sweet potato and use a julienne slicer to make strips. Cut the strips into very small cubes so it kind of resembles rice. Cook this for approximately 2-3 minutes or until cooked. Drain and cook the asparagus also until done.
- Make little meat balls by seasoning the minced meat with pepper, salt and spices. Turn into small balls and bake them in coconut oil until cooked and golden
- Make the wasabi dressing by mixing the ingredients. First check if the wasabi is not too hot after adding 1 tsp. Add another one if you like it spicy.
- Divide the sweet potato, asparagus and meatballs over a bowl and sprinkle with the cashew nuts and the garden cress.
- Serve with the spicy mayonaise
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.