Simple and delicious: pasta with broccoli pesto
When it comes to pasta Tom and I tend to have a disagreement on what is good and what is not. He wants his pasta to be rich. With lots of sauce and other goodness in there and while I dont mind a rich pasta I like it better when it is simple and with less ingredients. Case in point is this really good but really simple pasta.
Charlotte and I made it when we were having one of our regular cooking sessions and we were both really impressed with the simple yet delicious flavors. But the man of the house was not impressed. He didn’t hate it but he would never make it on his own. Men can be weird that way sometimes or is it just mine?
What is your preference? Simple or do you like yours to be slathered in sauce as well?
Pasta with broccoli pesto
- 400 g spaghetti
- 250 gr broccoli cut into florets
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1 large lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp parmesan grated
- Cook the pasta according to package instruction. While the pasta is cooking briefly cook the broccoli for a few minutes.
- Drain the broccoli and return it to the pan. Lightly mash the broccoli with a potato masher or fork. (or use a small foodprocessor. Finely grate the garlic and zest the lemon, then mix into the broccoli with the chilli flakes and pine nuts. Cut the lemon in half and keep for later.
- Drain the spaghetti and return it to the pan. Stir the broccolipesto through it and add the juice of 1/2 a lemon. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add the olive and parmesan. Toss it all together and serve immediately!
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.
Thanks for the recipe Simone! Like you, I also prefer a simple pasta with few ingredients..I also like to experiment with various herbs and spices sometimes..
I know right? Aren’t those just the best recipes ever?
Sorry i can’t see the content of this recipe !
Thank you ! 🙂
Ah thanks Daniela for letting me know! It’s fixed now!