Raspberries with mascarpone cream
This super easy dessert is perfect to make for any last minute dessert need. The raspberries with mascarpone cream is done in less then 10 minutes and an absolute crowd pleaser!
Or how a few raspberries and a bit of mascarpone can save the day!
Let’s say you find out on Christmas day that you forgot to think about a dessert… You can do two things; get some ready made chocolate mousse from the supermarket or you can make this delicious and super quick dessert with raspberries, mascarpone and crispy lady fingers instead. And really it costs you virtually no time whatsoever…
Raspberries and mascarpone cream
To make this dessert you need about 10 minutes of time. Which makes it the perfect emergency dessert. I’ve made it so many times and the funny thing is that almost everyone likes it. What you need are a couple of wide glasses. You need a bit of space to be able to assemble the raspberries and mascarpone cream in the glass. I like to use pretty whiskey tumblers to make the dessert in. That’s perfect for this.
Which cookies to use
For the raspberries with mascarpone cream you can use any kind of cookies you like. I sometimes make it with lady fingers as you can see the photos here, but I also like to use amaretti cookies or even chocolate chip cookies are delicious (use the white chocolate cookies for that) but you can definitely use any kind of cookie you prefer. The only thing is that I wouldn’t use to strong in flavor. The mascarpone is quite subtle. Don’t spoil it with overpowering cookies.
The lady fingers are used for creating the layers and the amaretti cookies are crumbled and mixed through the mascarpone cream. That is optional. You can leave it out.
Also optional is the use of lemon curd. I love breaking up the fattiness of the mascarpone by adding some lemon and lemon curd to the mascarpone. You can also mix the mascarpone with a bit of yogurt to make it less heavy. Up to you. If you do use the yogurt make sure to add the lemon curd or lemon later to make sure the flavors are what you want them to be. Obviously yogurt is very different in flavor so maybe leave out the lemon but just add the lemon curd.
Raspberry and mascarpone cream
- 250 gr mascarpone
- 2 tbsp lemon curd optional
- 1-2 tbsp icing sugar to taste
- 50 gr Amaretti cookies crumbled
- 100 gr ladyfingers for the bottoms
- 200 gr raspberries fresh
- icing sugar for dusting
- Place your mascarpone in a bowl and ad a little bit of icing sugar. Add the lemon curd in and mix everything together well. Taste and add more sugar if you want.
- Place 4 wide whiskey glasses on your work bench.
- Break the lady fingers in smaller pieces and assemble those on the bottom of the glass. You can drizzle a little bit of lemon juice on top of the lady fingers if you want.
- Crumble some of the amaretti cookies and stir this through the mascarpone. Take half of the raspberries and puree this with a fork. Stir through the mascarpone briefly to create a swirl effect.
- Put half of the mascarpone in the glass on top of the ladyfingers. Depending on the size of your glass you can add another layer on top (ladyfingers first/mascarpone next)
- Put some pretty raspberries on top of the last layer of mascarpone and sprinkle with some icing sugar.
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.