Green pasta salad
Back from Berlin! Or really back from Gross Behnits, but I am pretty sure no one really knows that (unless you live in the area) so Berlin is easier to pinpoint the location. There will be another post highlighting all our adventures in Germany but because it is good weather I thought a pasta salad would be the right thing to post. This one I made together with Esmee two (or so) weeks ago an it is a good salad, but don’t leave the halloumi in there as it will become weak and soggy in no time. You want them nice and crispy. I bought this halloumi at the Albert Heijn. Since recently they stock it in the supermarket here.
And that is ofcourse handy but I was not too impressed with this particular hallomi. The texture seemed different and it was a little weak in taste. The halloumi I normally buy is always nice and crispy on the outside when baked and soft on the inside and nice and salty. Because that is why you would use halloumi for that little crispy and salty accent in your salad. That didn’t work so well with the supermarket variant I had. Just so you know. You can also substitute the cheese for crispy baked chorizo if you prefer. Maybe even better.
Green pasta salad with halloumi
- 150 gr pasta of your choice
- fava beans
- green peas
- piece of halloumi
- wasabi rocket or regular rocket if you can't find
- 2 tbsp of wasabi mayonaise
- 3 tbsp of greek yoghurt
- 1,5 tbsp of lemon juice
- white pepper
- 0,5 tsp salt
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, drain and rinse under cold water. Add a little oil to prevent sticking and leave to cool
- Briefly cook or blanch the beans and peas, drain and leave to cool
- Cut the halloumi into smaller pieces and quickly fry in a pan. Leave to drain on kitchen paper
- Make a dressing by combining the ingredients and stir it well
- Add all ingredients together except the halloumi and salad and mix to combine
- When serving add the salad leaves and the halloumi on top.
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.
Tasty! A delightful salad. Perfect for taking on a picnic or to a party.
Thanks so much Rosa!
Oh I love halloumi and forget about it. Thanks for the reminder and great ideas. Pasta salads aren’t served as often anymore, a real shame.
I’m in love with pasta salads these days.. 😉 It’s just so easy to throw together and always tastes good!
Halloumi is so great, isn’t it? Never used it in a pasta salad like this. Love the idea! This is wonderful — thanks.
Thanks so much John!
Am lovely tasty pasta salad with halloumi,….yes, please!
I loved Berline lot too! I went there 2 years ago for 10 whole days.
I love this recipe and that you added halloumi cheese….yum! Looks like a lovely Summer salad! Hugs, Terra