Dudefood Tuesday : Fast n Easy Dude dessert
The holidays are almost here. And that is the time of year that every one start running into the kitchen like a possesed human being.
People who avoid the kitchen at all cost for 362 days of the year, all of a sudden want to make sure they look like a culinary genius. .
Women with foam around their mouths run around the supermarket finding ingredients that no one can pronounce for the rest of the year. “Sir do you happen to know where I can find the foie gras? And which chocolate truffle should I use to grate over my pasta?” Around the christmas season everyone has a desire to create the most complex dishes ever, all in the name of impressing the family. They disappear for the entire two christmas days into the kitchen, to emerge completely stressed and almost in need of a shrink when they sit down at the festive Christmas table.
And the irony is that it is exactly those days that having fun and being together with your loved ones should be the main objective.
No, we rather sit in front of the oven for an entire day to present a big, naked (and hopefully not too dry) bird at the table.
And not to mention all those whining stories about gaining weight during the holidays. What a bullshit! You do not gain weight. You just preserve more food during christmas. And that is only logicial, because it is the coldest period of the year and so you need to be careful with your energy.
And that’s why I advice my fellow dudes to take it easy with your energy in the kitchen and not to worry too much about showing off. Keep it simple and tasteful, so you have more time to impress your guests with your wildly attractive physique and you’re carefully crafted dude- jokes.
Of course no Christmas is complete without a dish from your hand, but try and give your guests a surprise. Choose to make a dessert this year. Yes, I know, desserts are not naturally the most masculine recipes. Even worse, all that faffing about with little things and scales is nothing like dudefood at all.
But when you’re thinking creatively, you can actually turn a dessert all of a sudden into a dudedessert. Here I’ll share a recipe for a super simple and ridiculously delicious dessert, with which even the biggest culinary no-no can succeed. And it takes you a maximum of 10 minutes only!
Vanille icecream with caramel sauce and crispy bacon on a crumbly tart.
PS: On my wishlist for Christmas “Dear Santa, for this year I would love a skinny body and a fat bank account. And not the other way around as you did in previous years.
Vanilla ice on cookie crumble dough with a caramel and bacon crumble topping
- 200 gr ginger cookies
- 50 gr butter
- 4 strips streaky bacon
- caramel sauce
- 1/2 liter of good vanilla ice cream
- Melt the butter on low heat and grind the gingercookies in a foodprocessor until you have a coarse crumb
- Pour the butter onto the crumb and fold it to a slightly sticky dough. Put the dough on a baking plate and spread it to a thickness of appr. 1 centimeter. Press the dough with another baking plate to a firm mass. Put the plate with the dough in the fridge for at least 20 minutes to set some more.
- Make a fine baconcrumble from the streaky bacon. Click here to learn how to make your own bacon crumble.
- Get the ice cream out of the freezer five minutes before plating up your dessert. Get the cookie dough out of the fridge and use a round cutter ring to make a cookie dough bottom.
- To plate up place a cookie dough circle on a plate and put a nice ball of ice cream on the cookie. Dress up with caramel sauce and top off with the bacon crumble.
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.
Dudishly delicious! A great idea.
Have a nice Christmas, little Dudette!
Cool Dude! great dessert any time of year.
And you are SOOO right about that!
Chocolate truffle grated over pasta could be pretty good. If the pasta was made out of chocolate, of course. 🙂 Happy Holidays, and see you next year!
Hmm… I think you just gave me new Dude Dessert inspiration 🙂