Almost Easter! And ofcourse you’re gonna be completely swamped with all sorts of egg related posts and such and who am I to stay behind right? So here is a superquick (well minus the oventime) dish that is easy en festive for easter. And because a quiche is so versatile it is perfect for using up any leftover veggies you have lying around in the fridge. This is good for breakfast but equally delicious for lunch or as an appetizer!
- 4-6 pieces of puff pastry, defrosted
- 50 gr arugula
- 100 gr green peas, frozen
- few mint leaves
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml double cream
- 50 gr grated parmesan
- few slices of smoked ham
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Take a few small ovendishes ( I used the little creuset ones) and line each form with one square sheet of puff pastry. You might need more then one sheet if your forms are a little bigger.
- Take a bit of arugula and cut it into smaller pieces. Put a bit of that on the bottom of your pie. Divide the peas on top and sprinkle with a bit of mint. Don’t use too much mint as it is an overpowering taste, so a little goes a long way.
- Whisk the eggs together with the double cream and add the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Pour your egg mixture over the peas and arugula and divide the hamslices on top.
- Bake your quiche in the oven for about 30 minutes