DudeFood Tuesday: Cupcakes for Dudes (stuffed baconbowls)
Hurray! The Whole 30 diet is finished, so the reign of diet terror has come to an end! It was hard nonetheless but I managed to keep to the diet almost every day.
On Mondays almost, on Tuesdays almost, on Wednesdays almost…
I have to be careful not to overplay my DudeFood hand already, because the Misses is still under the influence of the ‘Paleodiet virus’.
She is still experimenting with breakfasts like buckwheat porridge with raspberries. Gulp? Yuck!
Anyway, we survived the diet regime and that’s enough reason to celebrate. And when you celebrate, you make cupcakes. But in this case, cupcakes the DudeFood way.
And at the same time making manly cupcakes is an occasion to put a bunch of other dudes in the spotlight. I am talking about the American Primal Dudes the BBQ Pit boys.
One by one these guys are as Mega Dude as they can get and they produce the most amazing and DudeProof worthy dishes from BBQ and firepit.
Them boys are specialized in (and constantly seeking to improve) slow grilling, chilling, beer drinking and thumbs up routine. And sometimes they multitask these disciplines all together!!
They make really great food and I think they are inspiration for every Dude or Dude to Be.
So as a tribute to these cowboy dudes I give you their recipe for bacon stuffed cupcakes .
Without trying to be blasphemous I don’t bake these cupcakes on the BBQ but in the oven instead.
That way you can also make these savoury celebration treats on a rainy day.
- 250 gr streaky bacon
- cupcake baking tin
- boiled or baked potato wedges
- spicy sausage cook before adding
- pulled pork
- 4 eggs
- 100 gr grated cheese
- 3 bottles of beer
- 2 or 3 hours of the best music of ZZ Top
1. Preheat oven to 100 degrees Celsius and turn on the ZZ Top music.
2. Drape the bacon strips on the backside of the muffintin crosswise and finish off by draping a strip of bacon around the bacon cup. Press together with your hands to get a solid cup. Repeat this four to six times (for as many cups you need).
3. Place the muffintin in the oven and cook the baconcups for about 60 minutes. In this hour prepare and precook the filling of your choice (ie: the oniontopping I made earlier for my hamburgers. Here’s the recipe). During the waiting drink two beers. Remove the bacon cups from the oven after one hour and let them rest for 20 minutes.
4. Gently remove the bacon cups from the muffin tin and fill each with a filling of your choice.Top the cups off with cheese or break an egg above them and then put them back in the oven (still 100 Celsius). Let the filled cups cook for another 30 minutes and drink a beer while wating.
5. After half an hour get the cupcakes from the oven and enjoy the little dude pies.
Let yourself go and experiment with various stuffings.
Want to impress the Misses and play on the general female sweet tooth? Make a stuffing of chopped dades and finish off with some creamcheese. Trust me...