I was making the dressing for this salad when all of a sudden I had a weird thought. The salad was – as usual – made up of all sort of things I had lying around in the fridge that needed to be eaten and I was in the process of making a dressing that would be good with it. It was ok-ish but needed something extra. As it happens I had some overripe bananas as well and all of a sudden I decided to mash a banana into the dressing.
Sounds a little weird right? Adding a banana to a salad dressing? But as it turns out it was a pretty good idea. It makes it sweeter (obviously) and also creamy. For me this was a big success and I will definitely be using that again in the future! For now the recipe for this delicious salad! Enjoy!
Chicory salad with tomatoes
- 2 pcs chicory, cut into thin strips
- 150 gr cherry tomatoes, cut in two or four
- few twigs of flat leaf parsley
- 50 gr almonds, roasted and chopped
- 50 gr walnut, chopped
- 2 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp veganaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato vinegar (or another sweet vinegar)
- 1/2 very ripe banana
- Add the vegetables, the tomatoes and all other ingredients for the salad together in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing by first mashing the banana, add some oil, vinegar, pepper and salt and taste if it needs anything extra.