I think I can safely say that I have too much time on my hands right now. So what do I do? I make a mess of websites and create new designs and layouts and think of stuff I maybe wouldn’t think of if time was a little more limited… But as it is, I do have that time so I changed the layout. What do you think? Looking good? I know I changed the layout a while back and than changed it back to the original again because of a few things that didn’t quite work as planned. But I’m planning on keeping this one for a bit.
As far as delicious salads go; I made this one together with Tom as he is my trusted right hand in the kitchen right now. Or should I say my trusted legs as I still have my hands but cannot use my legs. haha… Whichever the case, this is a delicious salad. As we all know January is by far thé month in the year where everyone feels the need to eat healthy and lose weight. I – on the other hand – am trying to not gain weight and I can tell you that is virtually impossible if you don’t move at all. I don’t count using the wheelchair as that does require a bit of arm muscle but is to be neglected really.
So I do my best to eat healthy but a lot of people feel the need to pamper me with delicious sweets and bring me chocolate and liqorice and stuff I should really not be eating. Well meant but I can feel I am growing in size… So more salads is the way to go. Or at least more veggies. Doesn’t have to be salads but I do need healthy food people!Print
I followed the original recipe mostly but changed the rice into spelt and changed the dressing too
- 1 small butternut squash (roughly 375 gr) peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 250 gr spelt
- 140 gr dried cranberries
- 200 gr pomegranate seeds
- 100 gr roasted hazelnuts
- 1 red onion
- 200 gr feta, crumbled
Voor de dressing
- juice and zest of 1 orange
- 4 tbsp of clear honey
- 4-5 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes and put into an ovendish. Preheat oven to 200˚C. Sprinkle with the cumin, oliveoil, pepper and salt. Put into the oven to roast for about half an hour or until the pumpkin is cooked.
- Cook the spelt according to the instructions on the package, drain and rinse under cold water. Leave to drain
- Place the hazelnuts, spelt, onion, dried cranberries, pomegranate seeds and feta together in a large bowl and mix together
- Make the dressing by combing the ingredients and ad pepper and salt to taste. Ad a bit to the salad and serve the rest on the side.
- Add the pumpkin to the salad as well and serve straight away