Wow… Saying that I am running behind in my own Donna Hay Challenge seems to be an understatement… I have sort of lost count but I do have to cook a LOT still… I haven’t forgotten by the way, in case you’re thinking that. Because I secretly really like cooking all the dishes from this particular issue of the Donna Hay magazine. It’s fun and challenging at times, but hey, I am only humar and I don’t feel like cooking (and shooting) a Donna dish every day.
And after our whole30 we had lost another month. Not an excuse really because I did start this challenge way back in March so theoretically i could have been finished easily.!
But anyway, expect a few more Donna dishes passing by here soon. I have a few beauties left to go. You do know that I am a huge Donna Hay fan right, so when we heard that the fabulous Harper Collins, publisher of the Donna Hay books was going to sponsor us for the workshop by generously providing us with a copy of Donna’s latest book for each of the participants, we were thrilled! Each of the participants received a copy of Fresh and Light which I absolutely love but I have the magazine to cook first so I am not allowed to cook from anything else at this stage… Lol… We had a few extra books so it seemed only fitting that I give one away to one lucky reader.
And you don’t even have to do that much. Leave a comment here on this post and share the Donna love around. Let me know why you want to win this book and from all comments (both on the English and one the Dutch side) I will pick a winner. Books will be shipped worldwide, so take your chance!
For now I will leave you with this delicious recipe. Not from the book like I said but part of my challenge and in terms of fresh and light this fits the bill perfectly.
Green tea noodles with smoked salmon and a pickled ginger dressing
- 200 gr green tea noodles
- 8 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 250 gr smoked salmon
- baby shiso leaves or something similar
- black sesame seeds to serve
Pickled ginger dressing
- 1/2 cup (80 ml) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp wasabi
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped pickled ginger
- Make the dressing by putting the pickled ginger, the wasabi, the soy, sesame oil, sugar and vinegar together in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until just cooked. Drain and refresh under cold water. Divide the noodles between the plates and top with the radish, salmon and the dressing. Sprinkle with the baby shiso and the black sesame seeds.
Recipe by Donna Hay