Whole30 Day #1
You know how you can be totally convinced that you made a photo once from a particular egg salad and by the life of me I cannot find it! Annoys me to no end… But ok, I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t really matter what the picture looks like, as I am sure we can all imagine how a good egg salad would look.
So, our first day is behind us. Technically I always find that day the easiest as you’re as motivated as can be, everything is still new and fresh and you’re totally ready to kick ass.
I took all my measurements for the before situation. Went on the scale (shock!!) and even took before pictures so we can see what the end result is after 30 days. I might even share some of those numbers at some point in time, but right now, they are mostly embarrassing and I don’t really want to give away all that details just yet. It’s easier to do if it is in the past, but right now it is still very much the present.
I will also be sharing what we eat on a daily basis. Combined with a recipe where appropriate. And which is why I wanted to find that picture of the egg salad.
So what did we eat on our first day?
- Breakfast: frittata from egg with paprika, spring onions and mushrooms
- Lunch: that egg salad with tomatoes, avocado and mayo (homemade of course)
- Dinner: Italian tomato meatballs with courgette pasta
Sounds good right? We also took a walk of nearly an hour. I am planning on getting more exercise in. Not only in the gym but also walking on the off days.Tomorrow will be a gym day!
How else did I feel?
Hungry by the time I was ready for bed. I also had a mild headache but otherwise I felt fine. I drank enough water during the day. Two cups of coffee (black of course) and that was it.
Egg salad whole 30 approved
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 7 hard boiled eggs
- 3 tbsp of mayonaise
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- little gem lettuce
- Break the eggs into smaller parts. Add the mayonaise to it and stir. You want it to be nice and creamy. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and clean and cut your avocado. Stir through the salad and enjoy with lettuce wraps