Smoked paprika hummus
Yesterday after getting ready to call it a day I put my Iphone on the charger and while I normally hear a little pling that it is charging, it didn’t pling at all. I wouldn’t normally register that really but that particular day I thought it was odd, so I looked at the little charging icon and it wasn’t on. Hmmm, that was slightly odd. I checked if the cable was plugged in correctly and it was… But for some reason I also decided to check the cable itself and it was quickly very clear why the phone wasn’t charging….
The cable was chewed through… Maybe not entirely but there were enough wires hanging out to make it pretty apparent that it was dead and would in no way start to work again… How did that happen you may wonder? Did I become so hungry I chewed through the cable or was something else the matter? The cause – ladies and gentlemen – of this unfortunate incident is red and very cute. And also listens to the name Humphrey… He likes to gnaw on cables. Which is NOT a good thing I might ad. Apart from the non-working machinery, there is a real danger of an electrocuted cat I imagine. We checked all the other cables but it seems to have only been the Iphone one which is a rather soft material and a small cable too. But still, I am a little bit worried, but I cannot possibly take all the cables away. The computer area and the area behind the tv are a risk factor but I can’t think of anything to prevent this happening.
Thought anyone? Ideas? Suggestions?
If it was me, I would much rather be chewing on this delicious hummus. I’m pretty sure I talked about hummus before and I have made it many times before too, but everytime it was ok. But just that… Ok… and I want my hummus to be fantastic, delicious and glorious. I don’t want it to be ok. So when I first tasted the hummus from my friend Esmee, I just knew that was the recipe to use and so I asked her. And I never looked back. The smoked paprika in this recipe gives it an edge; it’s the thing that makes it stand out from the crowd… And it is soooo good, I have made it countless times since. You can easily make little variations to the base recipe to make it your own. Whatever you do with it… you won’t be sorry you made it!
Smoked paprika hummus
- 1 red pepper roasted (you can use the ones in a jar or make them fresh)
- 400 gr of chickpeas from a can, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 20 ml lemonjuice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika powder the spicy version
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp of tahini or you can use 5 tbsp roasted sesameseeds
- cayennepepper to taste
- Rinse the chickpeas and leave them to drain. if you do not use the tahini, you ground the sesameseeds in a blender until they release the oil. It needs to look a little bit like peanutbutter. Add a few drops of oil to get the process going if needed.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a blender or stick blender and mix until you have a fairly even puree. Taste and add some extra salt, lemon or cayenne pepper where needed
- Put the hummus in a bowl and drizzle some oliveoil on top and sprinkle with some cayenne pepper. You can keep the hummus for a few days in the fridge. Serve at roomtemperature.
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.