Mini chocolate cheesecakes by Letizia
I met Letizia during a private workshop I gave her a couple of years ago (or to be honest I can’t remember when it was… It might have been a year or so ago…) And as happens often when it comes to other food bloggers (and especially the ones who also like to travel) you have a lot to talk about. Photography, travel, Italy (Letizia lives in Italy) and of course food. So I have been following her blog more or less since that time. Not often enough I have to confess as there are so many good blogs out there and so little time! But if you haven’t seen her blog yet, pay a visit at Dutch Goes Italian Not only fod the delicious food but also for some good Italian tips!
Hi! My name is Letizia and I’m excited to share a delicious recipe today.
Just like you, I love good food and yes that’s healthy (and Italian!) as well, most of the times…
Cause of course I have my moments that I crave for something sweet! And I do have a long list of guilty pleasures I can assure you that. High on that list are these wonderful Mini Italian Chocolate Cheesecakes! Finger lickin’ good!! And the best part of these mini delights is that they are mini. It reduces the guilty feeling and so stimulates the enjoying part. Well, if you can resist to eat the whole muffin pan ;). Trust me, you’ll be eating these Italian dolci many more once you’ve tasted them!
The combination of the two Italian cheeses ricotta and mascarpone is just perfect and the yummy Perugina chocolate chips (famous Italian chocolate from Perugia) let’s say the finishing touch!
I do understand that it might be difficult, if not impossible, to find these outside Italy, but you can use any other chocolate chips you like. I’m sure it will taste as good!
So, all that I can say now is enjoy, Enjoy, ENJOY!!!
Mini chocolate cheesecakes
- *160 g biscuits digestives, crumbled
- * 80 g butter melted
- * 50 g sugar
- * 170 g ricotta
- * 170 g mascarpone
- * 2 eggs separated
- * 1 full tbsp flour
- * 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- 2. Place paper liners in a 12 muffin cup pan.
- 3. Combine the crumbled biscuits and butter. Evenly distribute among the paper liners and press down (for example with the back of a teaspoon). Put in the fridge.
- 4. Meanwhile, mix the sugar and egg yolks and add the flour, vanilla extract, ricotta and mascarpone. Mix well.
- 5. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Combine gently with the batter.
- 6. Spoon the batter onto the crust and fill the paper liners till 2/3.
- 7. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 8. Let the cheesecakes cool down completely and put some chocolate chips on top.
- 9. Let it chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.