Healthy muffins with broccoli and courgette
Muffins are the perfect take away snack. You can bring them with you for lunch or as an easy snack on the road. These healthy muffins are savory and have quite a bit of vegetables too!
There are so many types of muffins that it must be one of the most versatile snacks to make. Or you can make an entire meal out of them if you so prefer. Use a few if you have no time to eat anything else in between.
I make these on a regular basis. Because they contain so much vegetables it is a healthy snack and the eggs make sure you feel satisfied for long enough.
These healthy muffins are also glutenfree which makes them perfect for just about anyone. Instead of almond flour which is one of the most used flours for glutenfree muffins, I opted for cassave this time.
How to make the healthy muffins
Making the muffins is not complicated but a few things to take into account. When you grate the courgette make sure you drain it thoroughly. I grate it and than squeeze the moisture out with my hand. Squeeze hard! You’ll be surprised how much liquid will come out.
For the broccoli I keep it raw but chop it finely. In the oven it will cook somewhat, but if you prefer to have your broccoli less crunchy you can choose to quickly cook it before adding to the healthy muffins.
Variations for healthy muffins
Changing up the vegetables you use for this delicious snack is easy. You can swap out the courgette for carrot for instance or replace the broccoli with spinach. Don’t have cassave or don’t want to use cassave? You can change it for almond flour or tiger nut flour.
Prefer to eat a more sweet muffin? Try these delicious breakfast muffins with blueberries.
Healthy muffins with courgette and broccoli
- 140 gr courgette grated and squeezed well
- 4 eggs medium
- 85 gr broccoli finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp dill fresh, chopped
- 3 tbsp cassava flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pepper and salt
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (350F)
- Make sure to squeeze the liquid out of the courgette. The 140 gr is clean weight, so already moisture removed. Mix the eggs with pepper, salt and the fresh herbs.
- Mix the vegetables with the cassave and the arrowroot. Add the egg mixture and stir well.
- Divide over six well greased muffin moulds and bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven until golden and cooked.
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.