The easiest icecream in the world
While I am sitting here behind my computer I am looking at our garden. Quite a sad view at the moment as the rain is pouring down. Is it me or are they predicting sunshine every day only to end up with rain? Hmm… such a pity really!
Or maybe not so bad right now as I am busy baking. At the moment I have a spongecake in the oven and I just baked 24 halloween cupcakes too. yes, you’re hearing that correctly. For a customer I am busy baking all sorts of stuff for halloween. A little weird end of september but on the other hand it is not that far away really. The end of October is here faster than I can count and than the year is almost over. Unbelievable but true.
This icecream is maybe not the most innovative one but it is really really good.. 🙂 And very easy to make to. So ideal if you’re stressed for time or if you have no ice machine at your disposal but do want to serve an interesting icecream. Essential here is that you use a good base icecream as that determines the flavor mostly. The original recipe comes from the English delicious… And it ads a bit of summer to your plate!
Creamy ice with ginger bread and ginger
- 1 ltr good quality icecream I used Hertog ice
- 75 gr gingerbread speculaas, crumbled
- 2-3 tbsp candied ginger cut finely
- Leave the ice to thaw out of the freezer for about ten minutes. Crumble the gingerbread and cut the ginger. As soon as the ice is soft enough stir through both ingredients and put the ice back in the freezer.
- To serve crumble some gingerbread on top and a little bit of the ginger juice
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.