it is Tuesday again; Dudefood Tuesday! The moment of the week that is now world famous ; the moment that the kitchen is ‘Men only’. And with ‘Men Only’ we suggest that all wimps of the country can leave the kitchen, because the kitchen only has space for dues; powerful and fierce men. Strong and powerful in optima forma.
I don’t have that much time this week, really only about a minute or so. and how long does a minute last? A minute can feel really short, but can also feel like eternity. It kind of depends on which side of the toilet door you are standing, right? Time is in itself a weird phenomena, when you think about it. A lot of people shout out that time is money. And I also hear equally often that people have no time. So if you have no time that means you’re really poor? So quite sad if you have no time.
For all those unfortunate men that are short on time, Simone’s Kitchen soon offers a solution. Within a short space of time you will be able to buy products from Simone’s Kitchen at a few markets and you will than be able to buy products that we also work with in our digital kitchen here. Think about chutneys, oil and vinegar. But also ready made spice rubs which you can use to make an impression with the ‘missus’ or your dude friends. Ideal for when you have little time to make your own. And such a spice rub can make an ordinary sandwich a dude worthy dish. As proofs the below recipe for a sandwich with grilled chicken. Delicious!
Grilled chicken sandwich
For this sandwich we used our own spicemix and our own chive mayonaise
- 8 slices of good bread
- 4 single chicken filets
- chive mayonaise
- spice rub from Simone's Kitchen
- Put the grillpan on high heat and put a piece of cling film on a chopping board. Lay your chicken filet on it and cover with another piece of clingfilm. Go wild with a heavy object and flatten the chicken.
- rub the chicken with the spicemix and finish brushing it with some oil. Put in to the heated grillpan and bake golden on both sides.
- because you flattened the chicken this will be cooked fairly quick.
- Toast your bread either in the griddle or in the toaster or the oven and dress the sandwich with a lettuce leave of your choice. Put the cooked chicken on too and use some tomato and cucumber for the vitamins. Finish with a big spoon of chive mayonaise!