You have probably guessed that I have thrown the whole ‘do-not-eat-sugar’ philosophy out of the window. Not that I think sugar is good for you. Noooo sir, but I just can’t be bothered at the moment. It’s just one of those things where people all of a sudden seem to massively oppose against sugar and that makes me a bit itchy. In more than one way. Yes, I would like to stop eating sugar all together, but – reality check – I also quite like the stuff. Which than probably means I am addicted but o well, so be it.
Can you imagine never eating beautiful little cakes like the ones you see here? Never ever, ever…? I do like the occassional sugarless treat and I will continue to post the weird combination of healthy and non healthy food, as that is just who I am but for now… it’s sugar treats galore…. 😉
O and you just have got ot make this one as it is to die for. The recipe is by my heroin Donna Hay so can’t go wrong there and combined with the chocolate… O man….you will want this!
- 125 gr butter, melted
- 80 gram grated coconut
- 270 gram icing sugar
- 75 gram flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5 egg whites
- 150 gr dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 125 ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Whisk the butter, coconut, sugar, flour, baking powder and eggwhites together until well mixed.
- Divide across a really well greased muffinplate (125 ml per muffin hole roughly)
- Place into the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until just done and a wooden skewer comes out clean. Leave to rest for about 2 minutes, turn out onto a rack and leave to cool.
- For the glaze stir chocolate and cream together and heat this slowly until melted and smooth.
- Leave to cool until just liquid and than spoon over the cooled cakes and eat straight away.