Can you remember I showed you the recipe for making a delicious harissa? It’s been a while but this recipe actually belongs to this one. Delicious moroccan spiced beef kebabs. Fantastic on the grill outside in sunny weather but for lack of sunshine you can also use an indoor grillpan or griddle. Works well too.. 😉 I made these indoors and loved them. The one downside are the onions as they just don’t cook through in the short period of time you can have them on the gril without burning them.
The recipe comes from the book A month in Marrakesh from Andy Harris
Harissa en runderkebabs
- BEEF KEBAB
- 300 gr beef fillet
- 1 tsp harissa
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 baby onions peeled
- 3 to matoes halved
- 6 wooden skewers soaked in water
- Cut your beef in 4 cm pieces put them in a large bowl and add harissa, ground cumin and olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix everything well. Cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and thread onto skewers.
- Prepare onions, tomatoes and the beef on a hot grill (medium fire) until tender.
- Serve with toasted flatbread
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.