Very quick Christmas dessert with pistache and orange
Snow and traffic
We’ve had a massive amount of snowfall the last two days. And while I totally love looking at snow it always seems to evoke a complete panic across the nation in terms of driving. Traffic jams, accidents and the like. I didn’t have to leave home so I could actually enjoy the snow from the comfort of a warm and cosy living room. Haha… But I always wonder why there is such a massive panic going on while countries that are always in snow have none of those problems.
Of course I guess it is logical that you get used to things and it does get better over time or so it seems. But it’s kind of funny too… 🙂 Anyway, it’s melting away again today so I most likely all things will return to normal over the course of the day.
I was looking into what kind of recipes I have online for Christmas and as it turns out it is mostly desserts… (insert shocked emoji) but that is what it is all about right? At least for me the most fun part of the Christmas dinner is making a dessert. One that in this case requires virtually no effort at all. It is made within minutes, is delicious and will be a winner with your guests for sure.
I used mascarpone, orange and pistachio. Win, win!
Christmas dessert with pistache and orange
- 185 gr mascarpone
- 310 ml double cream
- 4 tbsp of sugar (or more if you like it sweet)
- few biscuits
- zest of 2 oranges
- 100 gr pistachio, chopped
- Place the mascarpone and the double cream with the sugar in the bowl of a standmixer and whip until it forms stiff peaks. Add the orange zest (keep a few strands apart) and mix it well.
- Take four pretty glasses and crumble the biscuits at the bottom of the glasses. Top with some of the mascarpone mix and sprinkle some pistachio's on top. Add a bit of the caramelsauce.
- Add another layer of mascarpone and top that again with the pistachio and caramel. Top with the remaining strands of zest.