Tempura of sweet potato and cauliflower
Life can sometimes take weird turns. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good. Sometimes unexpected and sometimes because you choose to do things a different way.
We’re working hard here at HQ Simone’s Kitchen (I’ve always wanted to say that..lol) on plans for he near future.
Plans that are – at present – still somewhat unclear, but which already give me a bit of a stomach ache from time to time. That is apparently – or so Tom tells me – because I am a bit of a control freak.
And yes, I do like to keep things under my own control, but as it is one person simply cannot do everything alone.
Big sigh… Of course it is not only scary. It’s also very exciting and sometimes I would wish my emotions would be a bit more stable. In brainstorm session they can vary from enthusiastic and excited to half depressed ‘because it’s probably not gonna work…’
Of course the annoying thing is that I can’t even tell you what it’s all about. It has to be a bit of a secret for now and that is not really my strong point. I can definitely keep a secret but this one is just screaming to be shared.
We’ll go back to our notebooks in the meantime that are getting thicker and thicker (glad I got quite a few of those you know! Haha)
Good. So that’s it for this reveal of nothing that tells you nothing really…
Tom is busy in the meantime thinking up recipes for the ultimate “dude food” because he kind of feels that is missing on this site. Maybe because I’m not a ‘dude’?
But here’s my question to you; what do you consider to be the ultimate ‘dude food’? Hamburgers? Spareribs? Big chunks of meat? Or anything as long as there is beer?
Slightly less dudefood-y, but very good served with whatever manly menu he comes up with are these delicious sweet potato fries in tempura batter. So quick to make too! You can simply keep the sweet potato raw, dip them in some flour, put them through the batter and plop into some hot oil.
Also good with little cauliflower rosets.
Sweet potato tempura
- 1 cup flower
- 1 cup bubbling water (icecold)
- 1 egg
- sweet potato
- oil for frying
- Put your oil on as it needs to go to about 180 C. You can use a deepfryer or a wok or any other deep pan
- Cut your potatoes into small strips and cut your cauliflower into small florets
- Make the batter by combining the flower, water, egg and salt and pepper
- First dip the potato into some flour and than put it into the batter.
- Add into the fryer and fry until crips and golden
- Sometimes I am just a little bit lucky… ;) - July 31, 2015
- Ceviche and summer time - July 24, 2015
- O no it’s vegan! Quinoa salad with mango - July 17, 2015
- Travel: Workshop foodphotography and styling Londen – the recap - July 2, 2015
- Chicken salad with orange dressing and cherries - June 29, 2015
This post is also available in: Dutch