Noodles… They make me happy. And this dish is really simple to make. I used soba noodles that are made of buckwheat flour and therefore are glutenfree. Not the reason I used them but I just like the taste. Maybe they’re almost as good as my green tea noodles. The dish itself is pure simplicity really; the chicken is marinated really briefly in lemon pepper and a tablespoon soy sauce.
The dish could do with a bit more vegetables I have to say; this was just a quick dish with what I had leftover in the fridge, but you could easily add stirfried paksoi to it to give you more greens. O and to finish it off I added a splash of our own delicious lemon oil… (which we still haven’t figured out if it would be wise to sell in other countries as well…) of course you could use some lemon in olive oil for the same effect.
Soba noodles with lemon pepper chicken and lemon oil
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 125 gr soba noodles
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 125 gr chicken filet
- 1 tbsp of lemon peppermix
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemonoil (or alternatively the juice of 1 lemon and olive oil)
- Cook the soba noodles according to the instructions on the package, drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Cut the chicken in small cubes and mix in a bowl with the lemon pepper and the soy sauce.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and bake the chicken until golden and cooked.
- Put the noodles on a plate, divide the chicken over it, sprinkle the spring onions over the top and add the lemon oil. Eat straight away.