Breakfast of champignons: Coconut ricepudding with banana
For some strange reason this post was posted online last week without any text whatsoever… I just think I made a mistake and pressed ‘publish’ before adding anything other than the picture. O well, it doesn’t seem that anyone noticed..! Lol… But if you where dying to find the recipe, than here it is…
I loved it apart from the overdose of kaffir lime that was in it. According to the recipe you should add 4 leaves of kaffir lime into your slowcooker, but trust me when I say that is way too much. I think I will leave it out entirely for next time or add one leave at the very most. But if you’re a huge lover of kaffir lime than go for it!. The fun thing about this recipe is that you just throw in all the ingredients into the slowcooker and you have a breakfast five hours later.
The only downside to this whole thing is that I hope you normally sleep more than 5 hours each night. And it won’t hurt to leave it on a bit longer, but ideally you’d have a slowcooker with a timer, so that it starts 5 hours before you normally do breakfast. Now I don’t have such a fancy slowcooker so in that case you can always reheat later.
Coconut rice pudding with banana
- 220 gr brown rice
- 400 ml coconut milk (can)
- 750 ml almond or ricemilk
- 4 tbsp grated palm sugar
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 banana's in pieces
- 1 or none kaffir lime leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Decorate: banana, black sesameseed, grated coconut, ginger slices
- Add all ingredients into your slowcooker on slow heat, and let it simmer for about 5 hours or until the rice is soft and delicious.
- Serve with banana and grated coconut