Super easy and delicious potato salad with sausages
Potato yay or potato nay
For the record; there is endless debate whether or not a potato is “allowed” in a paleo diet or not. Obviously it contains a lot of starches so probably not a good idea to eat potatoes every day but I think they fit into a paleo lifestyle without any issues. You might feel differently and you could change the potatoes here for sweet potatoes if you want. That would be a different flavor all together but still tasty.
Whole30 is over!
I think this potato salad is a great way to celebrate the end of my whole30. Yesterday was day 30 and I am sorry for not giving you more daily updates as I had originally planned. The problem was that there wasn’t really much to mention.. 😉 It all went rather effortless and without any issues. I guess it helps enormously if you already eat like this most of the time anyway. I did lose a couple of kilo’s and I’m glad to report that the sugar cravings have vanished. That was one of the reasons I started this one to begin with anyway. Holiday periods and too much ice cream gave me bad sugar cravings.
Now back to normal
So today is the start of reintroduction. To be honest I am not really sure what I should be reintroducing at this point. Maybe chick peas. I do love chickpeas. Or yogurt. Maybe I’ll have a yogurt breakfast this morning and see how I feel. Time will tell! For now I am leaving you with this delicious potato salad recipe that is delicious. For the dressing you can use any mustard you like but I love using a spicy mustard to give the salad an extra kick!
Love potato salads? This variation is also delicious!
Potato salad with sausages
- 1 kg potatoes cleaned and in smaller pieces
- 200 gr bacon cubes
- 2 different sausage types of your choice roughly 2 sausages per kind
- 5-6 gherkins in cubes
- 1/2 fresh pineapple in cubes
- chives chopped
- 2 red chilli peppers in small pieces
- 3 spring onions in rings
- 4 eggs boiled
- 4-5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp spicy mustard or to your liking
- 1 tbsp apple vinegar
- lemon juice
- Wash the potatoes and cut in even sized pieces. Place in a pan and cook until done. Drain and leave to cool.
- Remove the skins of the sausage and roll into small balls. Bake those in a frying pan with the bacon.
- Take a large bowl and place all ingredients for the salads in. Stir everything through.
- For the dressing mix the ingredients together and adjust for taste. Stir through the potato salad and serve
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.