Salsa Verde – Donna Hay #3
Does that happen to you? That you have weird associations with certain foods? Foods that you haven’t even made yourself yet? There was this owner of a cooking studio where Tom and I cooked. Really nice guy, but during a visit to discuss the upcoming menu he started talking about salsa verde… I will spare you the exact details but it had a lot to do with orgasmic, explosions and the like. So the next couple of years every time we came upon salsa verde I burst out laughing… And I hadn’t even made it myself yet, because it got kicked out of the menu that one time.
And that realy is a bit of shame isn’t it? Because Salsa verde is delicious with vegetables but can also be used with a good piece of grilled meat or fish. I wouldn’t call it orgastic perse, but delicious it is absolutely. And because the photo of my recipe number three (crispy salmon) wasn’t exactly to my liking (although opinions on that varied really) the real number three will come later. And thankfully Donna Hay had some delicious dressings in the magazine as well so at least the challenge can make some progress! (for details on what the challenge is you can have a look here)
- 1 cup mint leaves chopped
- 1 cup flatlea parsley chopped
- 1 cup dille chopped
- 1 tbsp of capers rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp of white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup 60ml olive oil
- fennel to serve
- Place the mint, parsley, dill, capers, garlic, vinegar and sugar together in a small foodprocessor and process until smooth.
- Add the oil and process to combine.
- Divide the fennel between plates and serve with the salsa verde. This dressing is also great with grilled meat and fish. Makes one cup (250 ml)
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.