You might start to wonder if the blog has slowly been changed from Simone’s Kitchen to Tom’s Kitchen.. Haha… Well no that is not the case but if not for Dudefood Tuesday it would be a bit too quiet around here. I’ve been busy with the book and also maintaining the Dutch site which is taking the majority of time and translating is than sometimes the thing that falls through the cracks.
But fear not! I am still around and I am still intending to better my life and write on a more regular basis. That said: don’t be surprised if that happens only after the manuscript has been signed, sealed and delivered… It’s always much more last minute work than you’d possibly imagine. Two more shoots to go with roughly 35 recipes so that is quite a lot but we have to do it in that timeframe. The cover and name are made but I’m keeping the suspence a little until I’m allowed to share. Not that you’d probably be interested given that the book with be in Dutch but hey… you never know.. 🙂
Anyway, back to these delicious pancakes. They are without any added sugar,have healthy stuff in them such as coconut, banana and oatmeal and are so good for you you could easily eat them every day and never feel guilty. How good is that?Print
- 150 gr rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 180 ml coconut milk (not from a can but the thinner one)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil for baking
- Prepare the oats by grinding them finely in a food processor. Mash the bananas with a fork and add all ingredients except the coconut oil into a bowl.
- Whisk it into a firm batter. This will be much thicker than your regular pancake batter so don’t be alarmed.
- Heat a frying pan with a bit of coconut oil and pour some of the batter into the hot pan.
- Bake them for aorund 3 minutes each side or until golden and serve with fresh fruit of your choice or eat as they are!