Raspberry coconut mousse that is superquick and delicious
When you’re thinking about going vegan there are probably lots of different things running through your mind. For me the two most annoying ones were desserts and cheese… I already gave you the recipe for a fake parmesan but the desserts… are a whole different story. The idea of never being able to bake anything anymore or to not make luscious desserts with lots of dairy kind of filled me with dread. What would the fun be in creating things without those key ingredients? Deliciously Ella to the rescue. I have been a fan of her books for quite a while now, even before I started looking into eating vegan myself and her latest book (well her latest book in Dutch anyway) is Delicious Ella Everyday. Kind of a good match with the title of this blog right?
As it turns out there are quite a few delicious vegan desserts out there. Proof of that is this delicious raspberry coconut mousse. It’s literally made in just a few minutes and requires only a handful of ingredients to begin with. You can prepare it upfront if you have guests coming along and keep in the fridge. According to the recipe the dessert needs to set for a couple of hours but I didn’t think it made all that much difference. So it will still remain soft and delicious no matter how long you put it in the fridge. Try for yourself. You’ll love it!Print
Raspberry coconut mousse
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hr in the fridge
- Total Time: 11 minute
- Yield: 6 portions
- Category: Dessert
- 100 gr santen (coconut block)
- 1 avocado
- 1 vanille bean
- 3 tbsp of almond paste
- 450 gr raspberries plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup plus extra to serve
Optional: coconut flakes
- Chop the coconut block in four pieces. Scoop the flesh from the avocado and toss away the stone. Scrape the vanilla from the bean.
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and mix till you have a smooth rich mouse.
- Scoop into 6 glasses or one large bowl and place in the fridge for at least an hour to set. Garnish with the raspberries and coconut flakes and a drizzle of maple syrup if you like