Lemon strawberry muffins – glutenfree and sugar free
I am not necessarily all about eating glutenfree or sugarfree and especially not when it comes to baking. On the contrary; I think – to be honest – that sugar is just very delicious. But I know a lot of people eat sugar free and don’t use any grains and I like a good challenge.On top of that I am doing the I quit sugar challenge myself right now so the perfect time to experiment with these muffins. I do use honey which is officially not allowed on the IQS program. I am just saying…
The result? It’s a good muffin. I used my favorite muffin recipe and replaced some of the ingredients with other things. It’s a good breakfast muffin that is far less sweet than you are maybe used to. It a tiny bit dryer than would I would like, but the topping with the greek yoghurt and the lemonhoney and vanille gives it just that bit extra that it needs. The topping is more acidic than your average buttercream but better for the hips too! 😉
You can easily make different varieties for these muffins by adding blueberries in it or raspberries. The lemon flavor could be a little more pronounced for my taste. So more lemon zest for the next time. I already added extra to it in the recipe below.
More yoghurt recipes ?
Lemon and strawberry glutenfree muffins
- 115 gram buckwheat flour
- 115 gram almond flour
- 115 gram honey with lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 226 gram Greek yoghurt
- 115 gram eggs
- 115 gram butter
- zest of 2 lemons and juice of half a lemon
- Yoghurt topping
- Greek yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Put all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- Put all the wet ingredients together and mix well until combined and than add to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth batter.
- Divide the batter across 12 muffins papers and press a few sliced strawberries in the batter before putting in the oven.
- bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden
- For the topping drain the yogurt in a sieve lined with cheese cloth or with kitchen paper and mix with the honey and vanilla to taste.
- Shortly before serving spread the topping over the muffins and eat immediately!
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.