Dude Food Tuesday: Golden fried chicken
Everybody had a Happy Easter? Me too, but now I’m fed up with eggs!
Especially the painted eggs. Because painting eggs is definitely NOT dudey.
Nope, for now this dude is done with those oval torpedos of cholesterol.
Too bad for you, reader, because now I also don’t share my secret recipe with you. The one with stuffed eggs, with applepie, peanutbutter, snickers, onion and mayonaise.
And ofcourse everybody was waiting for this recipe, but again: Too bad, Heinz sandwichspread.
To make up for this loss of recipe I will share with you a delicious and traditional recipe for golden and crispy fried chicken. Yummy!
That way we still have something of an egg like dish.
Golden fried chicken
- 750 g chicken wings, drumsticks, chickenbreast or a mix
- For the marinade:
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Tobasco sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried tyme
- 1,5 tsp black pepper grounded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprikapowder la Chinata dulce piment
- For the coating:
- 250 gr all purpose flower
- 2 tbsp panko Japanese bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated cheese
- 1 tsp mustardpowder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper grounded
- 1 tbspgarlicpowder
- Oil to fry the chicken in
- Put the chicken in a high ovendish (if you use chickenbreast, first cut the breast in pieces of roughly 5x5cm). Mix ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and pour the marinade over the chicken (all the chicken meat must be submerged in the marinade), seal off with cling film and put in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (it's best to marinate the chicken for a night). If you don't have a suitable ovendish, you can also use large resealable plastic bags to marinate the chicken in).
- Get the chicken out of the fridge 30 minutes before frying and heat the oven to 150°C.
- Pour the oil in a big deep frying pan and heat to about 160°C
- Mix the ingredients for the coating together very well and completely coat the marinated chicken with the flourmixture.
- Deepfry the chicken in batches of 3 to 4 pieces until the crust is a golden, crispy brown (about five minutes per batch) and let briefly drain on some paper kitchentowel.
- The chicken can be a little pink in the centre still, therefore place the fried chickenpieces in an ovendish and bake off for 30 to 45 minutes in the oven
- Serve with a salad and some nice sauces on the side.
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.