Healthy quinoa salad with almond butter dressing by Deliciously Ella
I recently got a gift from friends. A gift of bags of quinoa (long story, but they bought a bit of an overdose in quinoa to sell at the market and needed to get rid of it) I got red quinoa, white and black. Now I don’t know about you but I love quinoa. It’s such a versatile little grain and perfect for adding to many, many different salads. So prepare for more (much more!) quinoa dishes coming up.
I know of the issue with quinoa in the world or at least what I heard about it but these days you can actually buy locally grown quinoa. For some reason it is doing really well here in the Netherlands and so you can now buy more sustainable quinoa. That’s a good development I think.
This salad is from the new book by Deliciously Ella and is simple. Adding that absolutely fabulous almond butter dressing makes this a perfect lunch salad. But it is made in a heartbeat, is quite filling (again due to the dressing) and is one of my new favorites. I love Ella’s recipes. They are so full of taste and simple to make. Well at least the ones I have made so far.
Quinoa salad with almond butter dressing
- 60 gram quinoa
- 1/2 cucumber
- handful of salad of your choice
- 40 gr hazelnuts, roasted
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions and add the juice of the lemon to the cooking water. Add a bit of salt too. Leave to cool.
- Chop the hazelnuts smaller. Cut the cucumber in small pieces
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing, add two tbsp of water and a bit of salt.
- Mix it all together, add a bit of salad and sprinkle with the dressing