Dudefood Tuesday: Dudey salad with steak and pasta
This dude is not a big fan of salads. And for a short while now, I know why.
It’s not the fact that all the green in salads is not dudelike. Au contraire: one of the most famous megadudes is green; The Hulk.
I can even appreciate the happy and colourful palet of a salad (saying this without wanting to sound like some softy interior designer). The thing that doesn’t appeal to me in salads is that I am always looking for a specific Dude ingredient in vain; protein aka good meat.
Anyway, two weeks ago I was very sick as I mentioned to you last week. And boy did I get the full brunt of it by the Misses. She immediately started lecturing that eating more salads is much better for building an immune system, which statistically lowers my chances of becoming ill. Followed with that, my eating a lot of unhealthy (read: dudey) food, is close to literally asking to become sick and that it was my own fault that I was caught with the flu etcetera, etcetera, etcetera (in a tone as only Yul Brynner can say)
She kept on nagging until I promised her that I would make a salad more often. And this week I will keep my promise. I will make a salad, but with a typical Dude ingredient: steak!
Steak makes a dudey salad from everything green and raw. Especially when you add some nice pasta.
Pasta salad with steak and chorizo
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
Delicious pasta salad with beef
- 125 gr pasta (this time I used penne)
- 1 steak
- 1-2 roasted paprika, sliced in thin strips
- 1/2 chorizo sausage, cut in small dices
- 1 spring onion, cut into small rings
- 150gr small cherry tomatoes, washed and sliced in quarters
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp mayonaise
- 1 tbsp coarse and mild mosterd
- 1tbsp garlic vinegar
- Boil the pasta as told by the directions, drain and let it cool down
- Cook the steak to your wishes (rare, medium or 'as only fools do') and set aside to rest for five to ten minutes. Then slice the beef in thin strips
- Cook the chorizo in a dry frying pan (add no fat) until crispy, then put them on some paper kitchen towel to drain.
- Put together all ingredients for the dressing and mix them well
- Put all ingredients (except the beef) in a big bowl and mix together well. Finish of by topping the salad with the finely sliced strips of beef.