I promised you I would give the recipes of our cooking club, didn’t I? Well here is the first part with the starters. Very simple recipes but very tasty. If I had to pick one then my favorite is the soup which was lovely and went really well with the scallops inside. I did like the veal but you have to make sure you cut the meat really really fine as otherwise it is too much like …. well, how shall I put this… like naked meat… That sounds a bit weird but I hope you know what I mean!! 🙂
Here are the recipes!
Chicorysoup with baked scallop
300 gr chicory
50 gr of butter
3 dl chickenfond
1,5 dl cream
Clean the chicory and remove the bitter heart of the vegetable. Cut into small strips. Sprinkle with some lemonjuice to prevent discoloring.
Heat 25 gr of butter in a pan and saute the chicory. Deglaze with the fond and the cream. Put the mixture into a blender or handblender and blend until very smooth. Put the mixture back into the pan and add salt, pepper and extra butter to taste.
Heat some oil and very quickly fry the scallops lightbrown on both sides. Put the scallops into a small cup and put the soup over it and serve.
- 400 gr escalope
- 1 sjalot very finely chopped
- handful of chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp mayonaise
- 2 tbsp of ketchup
- 1 tbsp of sharp mustard (dijon or otherwise)
- 2 tbsp of worcester sauce
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Cut the veal escalopes in very small cubes (and very small is very small but don't puree it!)
- Cut the sjalot very very fine as well. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and mix well together.
- Well, how simple can it get, right? To present you can put some in a ring, press it and take the ring off.
We also had a little salad with the three amuse dishes we had but I didn’t think the salad was very special. It was nice but really not nice enough, so I will not be giving you that recipe… 🙂
We had a lovely white wine with this as well which is the one on the left!
The mains and dessert will be coming later too! Now I really need to go and check on some of you guys as I am sooooo behind in reading!