Spicy salmon burger you’ll want to make again and again!
One of the downsides of the life of a foodblogger is the fact that I rarely make a recipe twice. There are a few notable exceptions; success recipes that are so easy and so good that I keep making them. This salmon burger is a prime example of that. It’s superfast, healthy and deliciously spicy because of the curry paste that is in it. I made it for the first time somewhere in 2011 and since then it has been made countless times. It’s just one of those go to dishes, when you’re stuck and just need a quick something. I blogged about it before but the photo sucks and I added a crunchy layer which I wanted to tell you about too… 😉 And also, while it is a burger, I had never eaten it on a bun before. And I have to confess that this one is better with a good salad than it is on a bun but still, it eats quicker this way. (if you’re in some sort of hurry..)
If you could choose, like I said, eat it with a salad and you’ll have a recipe you’ll keep making time and time again. Make sure you keep the burger together (and use superfresh salmon too) as it is a wet mixture and will fall apart easily if you are not careful. Originally the recipe is without panko (Japanse coarse breadcrumbs) but I like it even better with. It gives it a crunch plus it keeps the whole thing together.
Use a spatula for turning the salmon burger and do it gently.Print
Spicy salmonburger in the remake
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- skinless salmon fillets, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- thumb-size piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 bunch coriander, half chopped, half leaves picked
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- lemon wedge to serve
- Tip the salmon into a food processor with the paste, ginger, soy and chopped coriander. Pulse until roughly minced. Tip out the mix and shape into 4 burgers.
- Put the panko onto a plate and roll the burger through it carefully. Making sure all sides are coated with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry the burgers for 4-5 mins on each side, turning until crisp and cooked through.