Eggplant coriander dip
Some dishes are just not meant to be photographed but should really only be eaten. But well a blogpost without a photo is simply not an option for me. Not as much fun, so that’s why… you get these images here.. Lol… Most important is that the dish is quite easy to make and delicious too!
Not sure if it looks as good as it tastes.. I did check the contents of the bowl from time to time while making this and to be honest, photos aside, this is just not the prettiest of dishes. period. But you will want to make this dish more often once you tried it the first time. It is great as part of a tapas meal or just as a dip or maybe even on a sandwich. the roasting of the eggplant does take a bit of time but other than that it is simple to make. Apparently you can buy ready roasted eggplant in some supermarkets but I’ve never seen it here. It would be an option to use those if you can find it in your supermarket.
Eggplant and coriander dip
- 4 eggplants
- 4 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- bunch of fresh coriander leaves only, finely cut
- 1 garlic clove cut
- juice of lime or lemon
- Preheat the oven at the highest temperature available (220-250 C) and put the eggplants into a roasting tray and put them in the oven. Leave to roast for about 20-30 minutes until they're pretty blackened and soft. Remove from the oven, put in a bowl and cover with plastic foil. Leave to cool.
- as soon as they are cool enough to handle, remove the outlayer and put the eggplant inside into a bowl so they can drain off for about 30 minutes
- Transfer to another bowl and mash with a fork. Don't make it too fine. You can also do this in a foodprocessor but be careful not to overmix.
- Put the yoghurt and the oliveoil into the pureed eggplant and add the garlic too. Put in salt to taste. Stir this well than ad the coriander and the lemon. taste again and add extra salt or lemon if needed
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.