DudeFood Tuesday: Stuffed Jalapenos (Part 2) with minced meat
This week between Christmas and New Years Eve is happy time for all Dudes worldwide.
Happy time because we survived all the bling bling trees and girly house decorations and we can put this all behind us.
Just one or two more weeks of living in a Barbie doll house and all decorations can be stowed away again in crates. For almost a year! Yippie!!
And it’s all for the best, because all that posh decorations, but especially that sickly sweet Christmas songs affect even the most battle hardened Dudes among us. Around Christmas the Misses tends to put on those honey sweet Christmas songs that grind relentlessly at the manliness of every Dude.
Hordes of musicians sing about ‘the most wonderful time of the year’ with jingling Christmas bells as support. And for sure every Dude is prepared to face Mariah Carey and Wham and they know to put their dudeshield up when these enchanting sweet tones flow from the speakers.
But far more dangerous are the mesmerizing traps that are set by Chris Rea or Slade. They who rob even the most Dudeworthy Dude of their manliness with their low manly voice or compelling rocktune.
Because their songs are also hidden and to be heard between all the Christmas songs. And before you know it you’ll be humming those songs along, or even worse: singing the full lyrics aloud.
And then, to make the Unduding drama complete, you’ll see the Misses standing in the doorway. And when you feel like a child caught with his hand in the honey jar, she jovially pipes: “You see? Christmas is a time for joy for every one.”
But fortunately this time of year is over and we can play the songs of Iron Maiden, Sabbath and Metallica again. And that kind of music refills the Dudetosteron of every Dude again.
Another relieving thought is that New Years Eve is approaching; a night to set off some fireworks! More Dudey than Christmas, don’t you think?
Please find, as promised, the second recipe for some tasty fireworks: stuffed jalapeños with minced meat. For me a perfect snack to serve on Newe Years Eve.
Jalapenos stuffed with minced meat
- 10 jalapeno peppers
- ½ pound ground beef
- 100 gr bacon diced
- 2 garlic gloves finely chopped
- ½ onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika powder la Chinata; the sweet one
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- 20 gr old cheese grated
- A few drops tobacco sauce
- 1.Preheat oven at 150 degrees Celsius. Cut jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and white membranes and place them next to each other on a baking plate (if you hate cleaning greased baking plates, use baking paper).
- Bake the diced bacon until crisp and then let dry on some kitchenpaper
- 2.Cook the ground meat, garlic and onion together with the paprika powder in a frying pan until it is brown. Remove the grease from the pan.
- Chop the bacon with a kitchenknife, so it becomes a crispy crumb.
- 3.Blitz the ground meatmix briefly in a blender so it gets less coarse. Mix the cream cheese with the chili powder and 2/3 of the bacon crumb and add it to the meat. Make a well combined mixture.
- 4.Scoop meat mixture into the jalapeno halves and top the meat mixture off with some grated cheese. Put in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- 5.Remove from oven and sprinkle with the remaining bacon crumb. Finish off by adding a drop of Tobasco on the centre of each Jalapeno and there is your spicy snack.
- Best buddies with a nice cold beer.
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.
Wonderful bites of Tex-Mex goodness! They must be very tasty.
Best wishes for the new Year!
Best Wishes to you too, DudeFood Fan 😉
Thank you! Enjoy your evening tomorrow… 😉
Yes! I love the concept of having DudeFood between Christmas and New Year! And these stuffed jalapenos? Those might just need to make an appearance in my kitchen tonight…they look delicious!
Loving DudeFood between Christmas and New Year?
So do I, but I also like the thought of DudeFood between New Year and Christmas. HAHA… Have a very Dudey 2015!
These are such a hit at a party and I love that they don’t require stuffing and putting them in a holder. Flat makes my day.
Happy New Year!
Best wishes to you for 2015! And don’t expect ‘flat’ to be the centerpoint of DudeFood Tuesday for nect year, LOL 😉