Dude Food Tuesday: About the Misses, Testosteron and Taco’s
Today, my fellow Dudes and Dude Fans, I want to reflect on one of those peculiar things of Nature. The thing I am hinting at is a very specific behavioral thing with women.
So we are not gonna talk about Nature related things like hurricanes (although, there is a reason why they give every hurricane a female name, hmmm…)
Nope, the thing I wanted to discuss is all about a small thing I see in a lot of women and especialy in me own Misses.
Maybe it has something to do do with the moon but once in a while the testosteron level of my Misses becomes so high that she starts to act… Dudey.
Not in the way that she is farting and burbing more around the house or growing a beard or something. Nope, that was not above the average I am used to.
I know that the testosteron is doing its thing, when the Misses is taking over the Dudefood Kitchen… on Dude Food Tuesday, of all days!I think that the testo thing started about a week ago when I made her my tacos the Dude way.
That’s when the Dude-o-meter started to rise to a disturbing level.
The tacos were more than appreciated by the Misses (and I must add in all my modesty: OF COURSE!) and when she finished the last fingerlicking bite, she mumbled something like: “We should make Mexican food more often.” After that remark things started to slide down, for my wife acted more Dudey every day. And at her peak I caught her this morning in the Dude Food Kitchen busily cooking up some Mexican food. Slightly annoyed but more flabbergasted (Yes! I like that word…) I asked her what the meaning could be of this all. After all it was Tuesday and that means Dudes rule this kitchen. While stirring in a boiling kettle with chicken, she answered me that she had found a delicious Mexican recipe she just had try out right now. Then she turned all focus to her cooking again. This when everybody and so also the Misses, knows that it is declared by law that there should be Dudes in the Kitchen on Tuesday. I knew that the Testos were off with her when she told me to bugger off, when I tried to reason her out of the Kitchen.
Thats why we have a recipe from the Misses’ hand this week. A quesadila recipe that everyone recognizes as UNdudey. Because every Dude in his own right would never make a mango salsa to spoil a beautiful roasted quesadilla. Anyway.. They are actually fingerlicking good!
Grilled quesadillas with chicken and chipotle sauce
- 1,5 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 200 gr onion finely sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic finely sliced
- 2 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobosauce finely diced
- 400 gr tomatoes sliced in cubes
- 70 gr tomatoe puree
- 250 ml apple cider vinegar
- 250 ml water
- 120 gr sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- Voor de filling
- 2 mangos deseeded and diced
- 1 avocado finely diced
- 1 red chili deseeded and finely chopped
- juice of half a lime
- fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 chicken fillets cooked in vegetable stock or the remains of an earlier grilled chicken (no skin and no bones)
- 250 gr grated mozzarella
- 8 flour tortillas
- Put the (coconut) oil in a frying pan and when it's hot put in the onion and garlic. Glaze the onion and garlic in about 5 minutes and then add the chipotle, diced tomatoes, tomato puree, vinegar, sugar, water and salt. Bring to a boil and let simmer on low fire for about 45 minutes. Let the chipotle sauce cool down in a lidded pan.
- Mix mango, avocado, chilli with the limejuice and cilantro. Keep this filling aside.
- To make the quesadillas, use a tablegrill or a grillpan. Put a layer of the sauce on one tortilla and then add a royal layer of the chicken and mozarella. Finish off with a second tortilla and grill them to perfection. If you use a grillpan, then add weight with another heavy pan on the tortilla. Fry for a minute or two (these quesadillas are done very quick).
- Serve with the mango salsa and some chopped cilantro
- You can kep the sauce in the fridge for about a week.
- And surely do use the sauce also when you plan to make a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, by adding a thcik layer of chipotle sauce, between the sandwiches.
The nutritional values above are calculated per portion. The details are based on standard nutritional tables and do not constitute a professional nutritional advice.
Mexican food rules and those tacos are simply fingerlickin’ good!
Yup. Regardless of the mango salsa, they still taste great, LOL!!
LOL! you two….. ;D
Really fun post! We need to make Mexican more often, too. Brings out the dude — and dudette — in everyone. 😉
Amen to that, haha!!
Quesadillas are great and Fajitas always work! Especially when made with shredded braised beef, ancho-orange pork or Tequila-lime shrimp. Tostadas and Sopes is another easy quick way to use the fillings as they end up looking like pizza. Gorditas and Panuhos look like sandwiches made out of pita bread or naan bread. What you really need to spin up the testosterone is a great Mexican-style shrimp cocktail.
Sounds Rockalicious good!
At what point does the farting and burping happen? I want to make sure I don’t go that far.
I love quesadillas and these look fantastic – even with the salsa.