It’s been Uhm…. Two months now I think that I went and bravely got myself a gym subscription. And sadly I have gone there once so far… It’s not that I don’t want to really. I need to get fit as all those aches and pains in my body are just a sign of inefficient usage, muscle degradation and general inactiveness.
But I’m really good in making up excuses, so I’m gonna list my top ten excuses not to go to the gym. See if I can convince myself that none of those are valid!
- Time would be the first one in the list. Buy quite frankly: that’s maybe the shittiest excuse of all. I’m not really very busy with work at the moment unless you count blogging as work. But my real job (food photographer) goes with ups and downs. And downs mostly the last couple of months. Something I need to work on but right now, plenty of time to workout!
- I want to sit on the couch and watch TV. Really? Would that even be an excuse ever?
- I’m tired. From doing what exactly? Sitting on my bum all day behind the computer?
- I already walked to the supermarket and back today so I’ve done my exercise. As much as I applaud myself for doing more by foot, it is seriously not really extensive exercise. Not that that is always needed, but come on you can do better than 5000 steps per day!
- My back hurts like hell. Yes? Does sitting make it better or would it maybe be beneficial to move – your – but!
- I’m embarrassed for being overweight. Yes, while that maybe so but let’s face it, that excess weight won’t magically disappear by sitting and doing nothing. Sure diet is crucial here, but exercise helps! And aren’t we all overweight in our own minds? Read the story on I’mperfect life. Now that’s what you need to do.
- I don’t have anything to wear to the gym. Ok, it might have been easier when you still worked for Nike all those years ago, but come on. I see there still lots of reasonable workout clothes in that overfilled cabinet. More than enough to start working out. You really only need one set of gym clothes to start, don’t you?
- I have worked all day and am tired. You can either go the gym before work or get refreshed by going after the job is done. Their are 24 hours in a day after all.
- The cats haven’t seen me all day and they want some company. Yes sure. They’re cats. They just want you to feed them, give a quick cuddle and you can be on your way to the gym in no time. Quality time for the cats can be after.
- I’ve run out of excuses. Can I just say I don’t feel like going at all? Sure… But as we know, getting back into a workout routine needs a little time. And you can only make that happen by going there first!
So… Now taping this list to my fridge and see how it goes!