Imagine… It is one of those typical Dutch days. The weather forecast people are telling you that it will be raining the entire day and that temperatures are likely to stay well below 15 C. You prepare for the worst and you see your free day literally fall into the water. But than.. you notice that the sun is trying very hard to break through the clouds and you dare to venture outside for a bit of fresh air. You grab a coat on the way out but as soon as you step out the door you realise that was a bit too quick. Because it is hot!
All of a sudden. And there you are in your backyard; in a shirt without any sleeves, bare legs and than it happens… You want ice cream. But going to the store now, is such a hassle and making one from scratch is even more of a hassle plus it will take you at least a couple of hours… And you don’t have those hours plus the chances are it will be raining by the time you are finished making the icecrea,. But there is hope!
I am giving you the fastest recipe for ice cream there is. And it fairly healthy too! Yogurt, frozen berries and a bit of honey. And you could even leave the honey out if you want. The only essential element you do not for the making is a blender. Although I suspect it might be doable making it in a stickblender bowl as well.
Ice within two minutes…. I say bring on the sunshine!
Disclaimer: This delicious icecream was brought to you by the fabulous people from Yoghurt Barn who do produce the best yoghurt out there! Yoghurt Barn!
Quickest yogurt berry icecream
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 250 gr Greek yogurt
- 250 gr frozen berries
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Put all ingredients together in the bowl of the blender and whizz until smooth and silky. Just pay attention with very large chunks of frozen fruit, as it might not break down too well. If you do find that happens leave it to stand for just a tiny bit before continuing to blend.
- Eat straight away!
- Salad with farro, tomato and chili dressing - August 31, 2015
- Supersimple cheesecake with raspberries - August 29, 2015
- Dudette Tuesday: Mac & Chorizo cheese - August 25, 2015
- Multi functional breakfast topping - August 22, 2015
- Homemade hamburger with bacon and blue cheese - August 21, 2015
This post is also available in: Dutch