Hello friends! Did you miss me? Sorry for the absence but it’s been a bit of a rollercoaster these last weeks. Lot of things have happened. Some good, some bad. My book is finally here (sorry it’s only in Dutch) and I’m really happy with how it turned out. It’s big and beautiful. I’ll share some of the booklaunch later, which is on the 22nd.
On the not so positive note: my mum passed away last monday. And while that is a sad thing, it is also a good thing. She has had Parkinson’s disease for a really long time (more than 20 years) and the last couple of weeks it was going really badly. Basically I would say she had no live and I think she was just tired of fighting. So I am happy for her the fight is finally over. But it’s also a weird time. Of course loads of things needed to be arranged, people called, funerals scheduled and loads more. So apart from being busy, it is also a pretty emotional time. The funeral is tomorrow actually.
So you can probably guess why I’ve been a bit absent. Funeral tomorrow, booklaunch on Thursday and than – finally – holiday on Sunday. Pretty sure I need it by now. I did not want to part ways with you next week before giving you this simple yet delicious spicy mango salad, which is from the book by Sonia, the Healthy Foodie. It’s delicious and refreshing!
Spicy mango cucumber salad
- 2 big mango, peeled and in cubes
- 1 cucumber,
- couple of radishes, in thin slices
- 1 small red onion, in thin rings
- fresh parsley, a small bunch, chopped
- 1 chili pepper, seeds removed, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp of peach vinegar (or another sweet vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp himalaya salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Wash the cucumber and cut in four lengthwise. Than proceed to make those into slices.
- Place all the salad ingredients together in a bowl and mix the dressing ingredients well together. Add to the salad and leave in the fridge for an hour or so so the flavors can merge with the veggies.